Customers can switch with confidence this winter – thanks to the Energy Switch Guarantee
- Nine in ten energy switchers are happy with the process
- Over two thirds say having the Energy Switch Guarantee (ESG) in place made them more likely to change supplier
With the winter months fast approaching and many consumers switching on their heating for the first time this year, it is even more important for customers to check whether they are on the best energy deal and if there are savings to be made.
New research from Energy UK has revealed that over 90 per cent of respondents were satisfied with the switching process. Over two thirds agreed the Energy Switch Guarantee would increase their confidence when changing suppliers and the majority of respondents said it made them more likely to do so.
The Energy Switch Guarantee, launched last summer by Energy UK on behalf of the industry, is a set of ten commitments developed by energy suppliers to provide extra reassurance to consumers that the process is simple, speedy and safe with the whole process managed by the new supplier. The Guarantee now covers 75 per cent of the market.
Latest switching figures from Energy UK show that almost half a million customers took action on their energy bill and changed supplier in August, as part of a total of nearly 3.5 million switches in 2017 so far.
Tina Tietjen, Independent Chair of the Energy Switch Guarantee, said:
“I’m delighted that 90 per cent of those who have switched are satisfied customers. The Guarantee is doing exactly what it was designed for – giving customers the confidence to switch their energy supplier.
“In August almost half a million customers switched supplier, and with more than 50 active providers to choose from, there has never been a better time to shop around.
“It only takes a few minutes to find out if you could be on a better deal.
“Our message to consumers is: Before you flick the switch – switch with confidence with the Energy Switch Guarantee which makes switching simple, speedy and safe”
Notes to editors
- Qa Research conducted 1,053 face-to-face quantitative interviews with energy bill payers in August 2017. This sample is statistically robust and nationally representative.
- 75 per cent of the market are signatories of the Guarantee. This includes: British Gas, Bulb Energy, E.ON, EDF Energy, First Utility, Flow Energy, npower, Octopus Energy, Pure Planet, Sainsbury’s Energy, Scottish Power, So Energy and Tonik Energy. For more information about the Guarantee: www.energyswitchguarantee.com
- View the latest monthly switching reports on the Energy UK website.