Suppliers sign up
Why sign up to the Energy Switch Guarantee?
- The Energy Switch Guarantee gives consumers peace of mind that their switch will be simple, speedy and safe.
- Energy providers of all sizes, representing over 90% of the market, are now signed up to the Guarantee
- The Guarantee provides a key forum for suppliers to work together to identify and resolve switching issues
- Membership of the Energy Switch Guarantee is recognised – with an extra 3 stars – within the new Citizens Advice energy company star rating system
- Ofgem, Citizens Advice, Ombudsman and BEIS are keen to see more energy providers who meet the switching guarantees high standards sign up.
- An improved switching process can reduce real or perceived switching costs and increase consumer engagement
- All licensed electricity and gas energy providers who meet the compliance requirements of the Guarantee are eligible to become signatories
Find out more on how to become a signatory
If you are an energy provider who wants to join as a Signatory to the Energy Switch Guarantee, please email [email protected]
What our members are saying about the Guarantee
“EDF Energy is committed to providing fast and reliable switching to customers. Being a member of the Energy Switch Guarantee enables us to work with others in the industry to remove barriers to switching and improve customer satisfaction, helping deliver on the switch guarantee promise to offer safe, speedy and reliable switching.” EDF Energy
“At Octopus Energy, we’ve been enthusiastic signatories of the Energy Switch Guarantee for the past number of years. We believe it’s crucial to give consumers faith in the switching process and set important expectations for the service delivered when they change suppliers. In the future, we foresee the Energy Switch Guarantee to be fundamental in driving even higher standards.” Octopus Energy
Energy providers who are signed up to Energy Switch Guarantee
These are the energy providers who are Signatories to the Energy Switch Guarantee. Signatories must comply with standards relating to the commitments and regular checks of compliance are carried out.
Energy Switch Guarantee Trial Membership
The Energy Switch Guarantee has introduced a new trial membership designed to encourage small suppliers/new entrants to join the scheme. The process is aimed at suppliers with low levels of leaving customers who are subsequently unable to display clear compliance with the KPIs on Finals Bills and Credit Refunds in their application.
A supplier can join on a trial membership if they display compliance with switching ≤ 21 days and will receive 2 stars on the Citizens Advice Customer Service Rating Tool. Trial members will not be able to refer to themselves as ESG signatories in their communications with consumers until they have been awarded full membership status. Full membership status can be achieved by:
- Displaying compliance with Final Bills & Credit Refunds for > 500 leaving customers
- Displaying compliance with Final Bills & Credit Refunds for 3 consecutive quarters
At present, Yorkshire Energy are a trial member of the ESG.